Another Ibrahim Special

After the disappointment of the midweek defeat to Ingles, Paget returned to Coles Lane on Saturday with the ideal opportunity to banish the memory of losing their 100% home record.

After a sluggish start in midweek Paget were quickly out of the traps and within minutes had taken the lead. A quick free kick from Jamie Smith to Szhem Whyte-Hall, playing in the centre forward role, was beautifully laid off to Fahme Ibrahim, who from well outside the box curled a wonderful shot into the top corner, leaving the Bridgnorth keeper clutching at thin air.

Despite this early goal though Paget were not having things all their own way and the returning Tommy Doyle was called upon to make a number of smart saves.

Paget were playing with much more confidence though and although there were chances at both ends it was Paget who got their noses further infront. After a driving run down the left by Jevani Robinson, the ball was laid back to Tim Oyanda who was pulled down after a quick turn into the box and the referee had no hesitation in awarding a penalty. There were no complaints from the Bridgnorth defence. Having already had one effort turned around the post following a direct free kick, up stepped Harry Jackson, who made no mistake, firing into the bottom corner despite a despairing dive from the Bridgnorth keeper.

Whilst the first half brought chances at both ends, the second half was a much more subdued affair. Despite a couple of late chances falling to Paget substitute Harry Parker, the Bears were content with a two goal lead and without any real alarm secured the three points.

Following the game Joint Manager Kevin Smith was quick to emphasise the importance of getting the 3 points “After losing on Tuesday night, it was important for us to get straight back to winning ways. We started on the front foot and made some good chances in the first half and should probably have scored more goals. However, we still had Tommy (Doyle) to thank for keeping a clean sheet. I thought a couple of the saves he made were outstanding. In the second half we managed the game well and Bridgnorth never really threatened to get back into the game.”